NOW HIRING CDL Drivers!! MUST HAVE AIR BRAKES and PASSENGER ENDORSEMENT!
New Rate $25.85
The Fixed Route Operator operates various types of transit buses in revenue and non-revenue service. We highly encourage DC residents seeking a rewarding career to apply for this great opportunity to serve District.
- Operates various types of transit buses in accord with RATPDEV policies, directives and procedures and in compliance with Federal and District of Columbia laws and regulations.
- Maintains a working knowledge of current bus routes and stops within the service area as well as the current fare structure and bus pass programs.
- Conducts self in an appropriate manner at all times, while working in a diverse environment, assuring a professional quality of service to all external and internal customers. This includes properly answering questions and solving transit related concerns of customers.
- Aids customers with disabilities, including assistance in boarding and de-boarding, safely securing wheelchairs and announcing stops.
- Inspects assigned transit bus for mechanical problems. This includes conducting an external/internal visual inspection of the transit bus and pre-testing all necessary equipment, operating/safety devices and transit bus controls for use while in service.
- Completes reports accurately and legibly.
- Performs various physical duties to successfully complete job responsibilities. These can include but are not limited to, boarding and deboarding transit buses, operating the wheelchair lift/ramp, assisting mobility impaired passengers board or de-board transit buses, securing wheelchairs using a 4 tie down restraint system, lifting the bike rack, lifting baggage compartment doors as may be required.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Driver/Applicant must be at least 21 years of age.
- Driver/Applicant must possess a valid Class A or Class B VA, MD or DC Driver’s License with no restrictions.
- Driver/Applicant must be able to pass the pre-employment drug screening, physical and background check including driving record prior to attending class.
- Driver/Applicant must have no more than (2) moving violations or at-fault collisions within the past (3) years and no more than (1) moving violation in the previous (12) months;
- Driver/ Applicant must have a safe driving record with no DUI conviction during the past (10) years
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Weekends as needed
- 1 year
- CDL Class B or CDL A (Required)
- Air Brakes Endorsement (Required)
- Passenger Endorsement (Required)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and Welcome Diversity to our Teams.